Forrest Joy is the President
and Founder of Pacific Ecological
Services a forest resource management consulting company specializing
in: resource management, research, and environmental consulting products.
Forrest has been an entrepreneur and consultant to the federal and
provincial governments, the forest industry, First Nations, universities
and SME's since 1996. In 2010 Forrest took a role on the board of directors
for the RPCA where he chairs the Communications committee.
Starting in 1996 as an entrepreneur Forrest took a consulting start-up
(Pacific Ecological Services) through planning to growth selling GIS,
analysis, research and field services to public sector clients. Forrest’s
focus has been to create value within several areas. As a business owner
maximizing organizational and client value has been a top priority.
In addition Forrest has managed many projects each fiscal year from
project planning and acquisition through delivery. His client centered
focus has built lasting, durable business relationships. Forrest is
currently focused on selling Pacific Ecological Services and taking
on a new role.
Quick summary for Forrest:
• Master’s degree in business administration (MBA).
• Two+ years as a board director and chair of communications for
• Built and managed marketing and communications strategy for
• Produced social media, print and online marketing strategies
• Concurrently managed multiple projects, while maintaining an
on target, focused and prioritized work flow.
• A record of striving for quality through all business processes
with a focus on delivering exceptional products that exceeded customer
• Lead contract teams, and workgroups.
• Skilled at managing communications between stakeholders, and
inspiring clarity within workgroups.
• 14 years as a principle consultant in the resource management,
environment and research industries.
• A record of building and maintaining lasting, durable business
relationships with government, first nations, industry and competitors.
• Strong background in environmental and sustainability issues.
• Development of strong business relationships with government
and industry clients.
• Developed new products in response to a changing market.
• Developing and implementing appropriate business processes to
support projects and workflows.
• Consistently kept current on a wide range of issues, initiatives
and funding sources.
• Strong knowledge in IT including GIS, systems, HTML and Microsoft
• Carbon offset / cap and trade business.
• New revenue models and their impact on renewable resource based business.
• Energy business – distribution and generation.
• Independent power and green energy business.
• Building flexible business processes.
• Managing change.
• Making new connections.
• Opportunities in sustainable business.
• Expertise requests.
• New Ventures.
• Career opportunities.
• Operations management
• Business strategy
• Business process development
• Business sustaining strategies
• Environmental issues
• Green issues
• IT management
• Spatial data and GIS project management
• Customer relations management
• Energy, environment industry knowledge